I'm at work right now waiting for the next shift to arrive at 9:30a. Hurray for overnights. I was going to do a project for school but I just could not concentrate on it. I think it is the fact that my mind does not work 100% at night. I never did an all nighter in college (much to Chris's surprise) and I value my sleep way too much. I understand that because my client needs to have 24 hour staffing and my supervisor wants us all to have 40 hour schedules that I need to do this, but I really don't like how basically my day becomes wasted because I go home and sleep all day to catch up on the sleep I didn't get. Last week, I did the overnight on Wednesday and then on Thursday, right before I was planning on going to sleep, one of my staff called out because she had to go to the ER (she works at a movie theater on the side and a sign dropped on her face and poked her in the eye....ouch). Well, I couldn't find anyone to take the shift so I had to go in and do it...on 2.5 hours of sleep. Yay. I came home and slept for a couple of hours, had a meeting for my internship and then went back home and slept some more. Today, I get to go home in an hour, sleep until 2:30 or 3 and then go to class.
The interview yesterday went really well (that's the thing I don't like about overnights either...my days get all mixed up). I think that the guy who interviewed me seemed impressed by what I have done. He said that he would call me by next week. I hope that he does. The job seems interesting and challenging. It would also give me weekends off, which I have not had in almost 2 years. That would be a very welcome change. I would also be able to work in an office, which I have not had in almost 2 years as well. I miss interaction with people. Sure I have my residents, but they're asleep half the time. When I got home, I actually got an email from another company asking me if I could meet with them next Tuesday. I'm pretty excited about that interview as well. I keep looking to see if there are any more jobs in Cumberland or York County, but there haven't been the past couple of days. It's also the middle of the month so there may be more by the end of the month (I hope).
I need sleep. That's what is most important right now.
How to Survive Monster (or animal) Attacks
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment